Crystal Lawns is located off of Route 30, just south of the Westfield Louis Joliet Mall, on Crystal Dr.
Our campus was constructed in 1958 and is the second oldest school site in the district.
The official school colors are Green and White.
Our mascot is the cricket.
The mission of Crystal Lawns Elementary School is to develop social, emotional, and intellectual growth of the learning community in which all learners are consciously creating and contributing to benefit humanity.
We believe . . .
- The journey through childhood should be celebrated.
- Everyone has a right to a safe and positive environment.
- Everyone has dignity, worth, and potential.
- Everyone can learn.
- Building self-esteem promotes success.
- Education is the key to promoting life-long learning in an ever-changing society.
- High expectations produce increased results.
Our Goals . . .
- We will strive to meet the goals of "No Child Left Behind."
- 100% of the students will be able to communicate their process of learning and its relevancy through a variety of teacher observations.
- All students will demonstrate computer knowledge as measured by grade specific competencies.
Therefore we will . . .
- Promote and provide students with opportunities to become efficient and effective readers.
- Teach and assess the state learning standards. Special emphasis will be placed on the reading and math written responses and the writing process at all grade levels,
- Promote the integration of technology to increase learning.
- Be sensitive to the diverse groups within our school community.
- Utilize support staff to the best of our ability to efficiently service our special needs students.